Monday 19 January 2009

First Post 16th January

So most people reading this will probably know what we're doing on this trip but just incase I'll run through it quickly. I'm writing this on a plane to Bahrain which is connecting to Bangkok (a day later than planned but I'll explain that later). After a few days in Bangkok we will be heading up through Thailand and then into Laos. From there we going down Vietnam to Ho Chi Minh City and into Cambodia. Then it's back to Thailand to be proper 'Backpackers' and go to the Full Moon Party on Koh Phagnan.

'We' include my two friends, Matt and Pete, and at this point in time, Matt will go back to Japan and myself and Pete leave a couple of weeks Later for the USA. Various other people are meeting us at different points on a route from LA to New York. The whole trip will be 3 1/2 months with the last month being in America.

So that's about all I have to write at the moment. We're about 41000 feet over what looks like Bulgaria on the map. Matt is already in Bangkok having arrived from Japan earlier today staying in a nice hotel in my name! I was meant to be there too but I was held up for a day as my flight was full and I only had a standby ticket. I guess that's what you get for buying things cheaply! So I had to spend another day in wonderful Horley waiting for the same flight as Pete. Get to Bangkok in about 12 hours and I'm already knackered, I know I'm going to feel rough when I get there...

1 comment:

  1. Ben Bob Sob's Laos Blog

    is an anagram of

    Baboons Gobble Slobs.

    ReplyDelete